View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 06:38 PM   #16
SCOTI

Re: 86 Suburban daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeep View Post
The rear suspension is where I need to focus on in the very near future. It has a flip, but no notch so the axle SLAMS the frame on a very frequent basis, and this won't do. The picture below shows 1.75" of clearance, but when it is down on the ground with all the weight on it is more like 2 fingers clearance. I haven't been able to find any commercially available notches, which is fine, so I'll build one and weld it in. At the same time I'll be removing the flip brackets and welding on new spring perches and centering the tire in the rear wheel well like it should be. There are air shocks that do not function, and looks like one of the mounts on the frame has been ripped off the frame and cobbled back on. Extended shock mounts will also be fabbed up and I'll run some normal shocks of a decent length.
One 'watch-out'…. Burbs/Blazers are known for issues when c-notching. If you notch it, I would verify there's the same amount of travel available above the different as well. Otherwise, you'll clear @ the axle tube but still hit @ the floor.

Cool family ride for the record!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote