View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #130
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@rnut001 View Post
I really like your truck and what you are doing to it. Hope you get a job soon so that you can do more to it. Your progress is looking really good. It is amazing what a carpet will hide....keep up the great work!
Ya the floor had some surprises, but it wasn't all that bad. I knew what i was getting into to a certain extent, just never got around to it last season. As for the job...things are developing. Hopefully the newest prospect will afford a move to a 12 month car season-state, as well as some industry hookups...and lets say its LSx specific.

Laying out some more of the patch panels.

The rot

Then some welding....

and welding

and....welding

Not bad

I didn't have a patch for this part, so my bro decided that it was time to hand form some sheet metal. My dumbass also forgot to switch my welder back to DCEP (i had put it to DCEN to burn out the roll of free wire that came with it)...I just could NOT figure out why my welds were coming out so BIG....a complete lack of current will do that. You can see the bead gets smaller about half way up, where it was corrected. I have to grind all the welds flat anyway, so I'm sure that one will have some re-welding in areas.

We don't have a workshop, or forming tools...but we do have some hammer and dollies...which we left at the other garage. So we beat the bastard with a framing hammer on a brick. I think he did pretty damn good. There is one more little patch on this side before the rocker gets its final fitment and finish welding.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote