View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 08:25 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: This for any of you that are self employed doing Carpenter work Jobs

The neighbor isn't your friend, so...
Just let your friend know they didn't pay full price so zip-it when he talks to the neighbor.

I can relate to dealing with existing piers where yours needs to go. On the deck I had to dig a few up. It's a good thing they weren't proper footers or it would have been a lot more work. The old ones were the size a posthole digger makes and less than 24". A proper one would be 12" x 12" (not a 12" circle) and 30" deep for our region. I don't pull permits but a build to code

This picture shows the top of a new pier and an old one I dug up
Name:  IMG_1835.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  76.0 KB

On the topic of money for jobs, I did this builder's siding and exterior trim for 10 years. His pay got slower and slower. The short story is he went belly up and I lost money. This house is one I never got paid for. What's really odd is I got a call for some work through a referral from the local hardware/home center 25 years later. It was this house needing gutter work and it was the original owner who I remembered talking to way back then
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote