View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 01:01 AM   #5
BIGglaSS

Re: Did I make some OK choices?

Sorry, I have been on vacation. There isn't 1&2, or 3&4. You have Front/rear, left and right.

ACTIVE:
Follow the 5 channel diagram in the amp manual. Basically rear speakers are tweets, and front speakers are mids. Run 3 sets of RCA's from the head unit to the amp (front/rear/sub), and set the switch to 4ch. In this mode, fading from front to rear at the head unit will vary the output between the mids and tweets.

Tweets get wired to the rear left/ rear right. HPF (High pass filter) set to about 2500Hz.

Mids get wired to the Front left/ Front right. BPF (Band Pass Filter). Set the low range knob to about 100Hz, the the HPF knob to about 2500Hz.

If you're worried about doing it wrong, use the JL crossovers wired to the amp in bridged mode. Wiring diagram is in the owners manual.

When you run active, you become the tuner. With the passive crossovers, JL has spec'd them to an optimum frequency that works for most users.

The more I think about it, your safe bet is to use the passive crossovers. Active is more for using a DSP (digital signal processor). This is where you can tune specifically to your needs, time alignment, etc.

But, either way will work.
BIGglaSS is offline   Reply With Quote