Thread: Flat towing
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 11:12 AM   #20
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Flat towing

This reminds me of going and get a 56 chevy truck out of a friends back yard up in North Wilkesboro NC one day with my mom & dad.

A good friend of our families gave my dad a old state bed 56 truck. It had been sitting in the back of their Chevy dealership for about a year. Dad,mom and I drove up in dad company truck to pull it home about 1.5 hrs away. Dad had a brand new 1/2 ton 4 wheel drive Chevy. We got their and he had already had the dealer check it out that past week for breaks and such. We , as in dad hooked it up to the truck with a chain and told me not to get over 45MPH if he need to stop me he would hit his brakes to tug on the truck and my mom could be watching him for a sign also.
Well we took off and man you should have seen the faces my dad was making while we where driving! It was ok until we started down the MT and the 56 was smokin the back tires and as dad tried to slow me down I'd give it more gas. He said keep it around 45 MPH so I was doing my best to!
We got down to flat ground and he stared waving his hand to pull over. I went a few miles to a gas station. He got out of that truck and I thought he was gonna kill me! He was pissed. Started hollaring at me like I was crazy. I told him I never got over 45MPH and he stopped and said what! I said I never got over 45MPH and he was your lying, mom said nope he isn't and he said dang it felt like you where doing 100MPH coming down that MT. Well he didn't say nothing else and we made it home but he had to replace all the brakes on the truck. We laugh about it now sometimes when we are talking but he was scared that day for sure!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote