View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
SCOTI

Re: Mounting Methods for Blazer Tank Swap

Wooooooo Weeeeee. . . ...... Something went right for me! I've been trying to figure out a way to raise the tank & support it properly & think I have the solution.

I cut down & modified the thin (flimsy) strap that came w/the kit so that they would support the tank just like if it was mounted below the frame. Once I got an idea on the length & bends needed, I looked all around my work (dairy manufacturing plant) for some stainless that I could somehow use.

I found some 'pipe hangers' that we use on 6" plus diameter piping (they're 3/16" thick stainless x 2" wide w/a 45° & 90° bend). I dug through the stainless contractors 'recycle' bin & found 2 old hangers that had been cut off of outdated equipment. I'll cut each one in half & use each of the halves @ the 4 corners of the tank. I'll pick-up some flat 3/16" x 2" strap & get them to weld it up so I have a hanger that's the width of the tank. I'll run bolts from the bottom through the rail, up through the tank flange & the stainless spacer, then through the top rail where I'll use a nylon crush nut to keep everything from vibrating loose.

In the mock-up..... the tank is flush w/the bottom of my ECE hidden receiver so you won't even be able to see it behind the bumper.

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote