View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 06:36 PM   #488
1981_c10

Re: My Luxurious late model truck (not so much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
I had a little Craigslist adventure today.

Met a super nice guy who was parting out this little truck.

Its a sad story. The guy I dealt with bought it for his little brother who wound up wrecking it. Wrecking it hard. The front end collision was so bad that the floor pan was buckled up so bad that it was wrapped around the brake pedal. It was a damn slick little truck before he crashed it. Red short bed stepside 94 GMC with 350/auto/3.42 rearend. All power. Slick as snot. I'd have given my teeth for it prior to the crash.

Anyway, I gave him 60 bucks for a bunch of interior pieces.

I had to cut the brake pedal off to get the carpet out. Again, the floor pan was crushed up around the pedals.

As a reminder, my truck currently has no carpet at all. No headliner at all. No plastic trim for the headliner at all, and broken seat belt latches. This was a major score for my build.

I have a standing offer to him for the seat at 150 dollars. He's trying to sell it for 250. Its a nice conversion truck seat with fold down center. I hope it doesn't sell for his asking price and he takes me up on my 150 offer.

I think it would shampoo up pretty decent.

I've already separated the carpet from the jute and have spent the morning with my pressure washer and Valerie's little carpet shampoo machine. The carpet is cleaning up fantastically.
I finally found you on here!! I sold you the interior pieces!

1962 C10 Recreating Dad's High School Truck
1981 C10
1981_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote