Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #111
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Have you decided on a final color and which wheel tire combo you will end up with?

I had never done any upholstery work before I got into these trucks and now Ive done three benches and a set of buddies. Its really not that big of a deal, all of mine turned out pretty darn nice if I do say so myself.

Just do them on a warm sunny day if possible. Lay the covers out in the sun so they get nice and warm and pliable. Makes em so much easier to install.

Im enjoying your build! Should have got back on mine years ago.
Mark
Still have not nailed down final color as that is still a ways off but it will be a solid color (no metallic) and it will either be the green it is now or dark blue or burgandy/wine color. Thats why I went ahead and got the black highlander seat material since it should go with any color I pick.
I am still going to drop the seats by the local upolsterer to see what they would charge for install. I have enough to work on as it is and I am still unsure of how the new foams go back on the frames. The have weird cuts in them that look like they should envelope the frames but I could be wrong. I had to dig the springs out of the old foams.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote