Thread: 58 GMC Project
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:27 PM   #42
ChargerBill

Re: 58 GMC Project

Jebb, is yours going to end up a GMC or a Chevy? Looks like your body/sheetmetal is all pretty clean. As far as not knowing which way to go with the project, I feel for you. My '56 could go either way...tear it down and do a frame off or put it together and drive it for now. I'm really wanting to drive it and all I need to do is swap the hood, swap the new rear end in and mount the bed. Like yours, mine is 5 different colors too. In fact, I have some of the SAME yellow paint on some pieces. I'm thinking for now I might get her all one color (prime black) and drive her until I get the urge to fix her up.

CAL 58, your frame looks SWEEET!! That must have run a few benjamins to have done....especially here in California where the EPA makes guys in our hobby jump through so many hoops that it gets to the point where it's not even worth it. I've seen 2 Auto Body Strippers and 3 Chrome Platers close shop due to regulations in the last 2 years alone. We may not have any hobby professionals willing to do work if it keeps going this way. Oh yeah, who did your powder coating?

BTW: Did either of you mount the Camaro front clip yourselves? What years are best to look for? Is that a pretty straightforward project if you have a big enough shop and know how to weld?
1969 Dodge Charger
1968 Dodge Charger

Last edited by ChargerBill; 11-02-2005 at 08:28 PM.
ChargerBill is offline   Reply With Quote