View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #121
Hickup pickup

Re: 1966 Chevy SWB Gasser influenced truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
You can't re-write history. I think most old timers would agree that your phrase "modern lowered suspension" and "gasser" are about as different in the Hot Rod vernacular as "low-rider" and "Rock Crawler".

Pick a NHRA class of that era, nearly all were running big a littles and aftermarket valve covers. What sticks out in the minds of those who saw gassers run was the nose high attitude and the straight axles.

Like I said I really like Hardwaa's truck.... it's all good, but I still fail to see a gasser connection.
Thats why he called it a "GASSER INFLUENCED" and not a Gasser. Why you don't get that is simply amazing to me. you can paint a painting like a Picaso but it won't be a Picaso But it might have very simular characteristics and you might say " that guy must have been "INFLUENCED" by Picaso, yet it still is not a picaso, but you can see the "INFLUENCE" that picaso had on the new artists painting just as you can see many characteristics from a "GASSER" in HARDWAAs truck. In fact if it had a straight axle it would in fact "BE' a "GASSER" and not simply be "GASSER INFLUENCED" I could continue to give you many more examples of what being "INFLUENCED" means or even give you the Websters deffinition but that might become cumbersom bordering on being redundant, and I would never want to do that .