View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #258
wiggins

Re: Square body extended cabs

Guys I have finally found a place that was able to put GLASS in my extended cab window. After several tries, It's not only glass but it looks great. I originally was told it couldnt be done and had plexi put in but it just didnt look good and then I had a guy say he could put glass in it. He did but the glass was staight when the cab and the rubber are not perfectly straight. this looked much better than plexi but I was a not satisfied. I ended up bringing my truck to Vidor Glass in Vidor , Tx and Dean said no problem. He had figured this out years ago working on Custom Vans ect. He had tinted glass cut so I didnt have to worry with getting it tinted or it getting scrtached and found a good pliable rubber seal that worked great. He is even able to make the glass bend ever so slighty to match the curve of the cab. I'm pretty impressed to say the least. If anyone interested in a deal the pic of the 2 pieces of glass w rubbers out of the truck are my 1st attempts. They are yours for 100 bucks if your want them. Anyway Deans Phone # at Vidor Glass is 409-769-6268. I left him my old plexi and rubbers as a pattern in case any of you were interested in getting a pair made. Hope this helps out some of you.
Attached Images