View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #183
TKCR

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcg View Post
My question is how do you ship these bench seats, and what kind of cost does it add to the job?
I use Fedex to ship my seats. I have checked with Fastenal and it is just little cheaper, but he time frame can be ridiculous. And to me a lot can happen during that time. Shipping with Fedex, most of the seats will be delivered within the week, 2-5 days. And I fully insure them!!. The cost is based on size, weight and distance. The average is $200-$250. I shipped one, right here in Ohio, it was still $200. Shipping would hit the $250 mark, say going to California.
One was shipped to Canada, that was about double the cost of shipping.
2 went to Dubai, I only shipped the seats to Cleveland & Pittsburg and then they put the package in a shipping container, which was then put on a ship. The one that went to Pittsburg, met up with the truck that was being shipped over there too. But the customers in Dubai had this part setup, so I have no idea what the cost was at this point. But here is how the seat looks packed up. The small box is the hinge garnishes. I prefer to ship the separate. because of the weight of the seat, if someone would ever set the seat down hard on a corner, it would break those garnishes.
Attached Images

Last edited by TKCR; 01-13-2019 at 07:35 AM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote