View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 11:26 PM   #47
1972CheyenneSuper

Red face Re: '72 Super Project: Updates!

Finally to the top of the hill, paint. My plan up until I started buying paint supplies was to go with the original color scheme, which yes, would have been unique and is not very common.

The interior was going to be blue, as set by the pieces I had restored earlier and also due to the fact that I had bought almost everything to do the interior a couple of years ago around corona time. I was going to be using SPI products for all of my primers and I had planned on using their clear coat as well. Only real hang up was they aren't really in the paint color mixing business with about five or six total colors. Being the first thing I ever painted on this scale, my body work would have to be perfect to pull off a dark blue and I just wasn't sure about it. Over the course of the last couple of years, the new "battleship" and earth tone colors have come out which I myself quite like. So I decided to go with SPI pure white and a custom gray which is a mixture of pure white and black basecoat. This allowed me to stay in the same product line also. I ran through about twenty different samples until I found the variation I liked. Is it original? No, but we've already crossed that bridge going swb and putting an ls in it. At this point and with all the $$ and labor so far, I'm going to build my forever truck how I envision it. Nerves were high, but I'm glad I went with lighter colors as I think they are a little more forgiving. Pics..

I used UPOL raptor liner for the bed, tinted with Custom Coat Aircraft Gray #36300 and it luckily is almost a dead on match.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pxhH7p]

Last edited by 1972CheyenneSuper; 02-09-2024 at 03:13 PM.
1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote