Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 12:30 PM   #974
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BLAZE View Post
Cant wait to see it painted!
Thanks for looking in. I've got to find a painter. It appears to be about a 6 month back log at all the paint shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
You're doing a great Job, the little things also take their time, but you're always making progress.
I agree. I've got the truck legal to drive but there is still a lot to do. Several things I need to wait on until after paint such as the bed wood and some seals, etc, on the doors. Thanks for checking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
Biggest problem people seem to have is the window not wanting to go up all the way because the metal at the bottom of the glass hits the felt wipers. There's a lot of threads on this subject and there's a few ways around the problem. One way is to cut new glass that's taller so the window closes before the metal can hit. What I did was pinch that bottom metal in the vice so it just fit the glass. I then used windshield urethane to fasten the glass instead of the rubber. If you go to a glass shop at quitting time you can get part tubes of urethane for free because it just hardens up overnight.
And new window regulators are a
must. I thought my originals were good but they rattled and my drivers side window would come down a bit from road bumps.
Thanks for the info. I ended up buying a new driver's side regulator that I now have and will be working on installing the fuzzies on both doors. The pass. side regulator was completely rebuilt and is working good. Wish me luck on the fuzzies.

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote