View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 03:33 PM   #311
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Volt Gauge Conversion Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Tom I installed one of your gauges last summer. I've seen this pictured reading quite a few times on the gauge and sometime sits just past the 13. Is this where it should be? My alternator and battery are new..

Hi Greg,

Very sorry for the delay. If you have a volt meter on the battery while running, you should get say 14.5 or so volts. That would be with a good alternator output at idle. I use a 12 v battery charger set on 10 amps which gives me about 12.5 volts and that is where I set the needle. It is possible the needle slipped or I was in a brain fart mode that day and placed it wrong.

What I see in your photo should be about 15.5 which seems a little high. Did you check it at the battery? Make sure your regulator is not sticking and causing an over charge condition.

If you believe that the volt gauge conversion is in accurate, you can send it back to me for an adjustment or I can send you just the gauge that is set up correctly and you can just swap it.

Let me know what you would like to do. I will accommodate you and make this right. By the way, no charge to you.

Thank you,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote