View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #66
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
just checked out your build, sweet truck love the camper
Sorry flips, meant to say that I am thinking of restoring that too. I have some really cool ideas for it as well.

Quote:
The numbers are on the ring gear itself not the carrier which it bolts to. Look along the outer edge where all the teeth are. They are stamped numbers not raised.
Thanks Alan, next time I have that off I will look, prolly take a pic too...

Quote:
hey i can help with the rear gear ratio! here two options for you, just take that posi unit out send it to me and i'll send you a non-posi rear unit in either 3.73 or 3.08 which ever one you want, lol! or the numbers should be along the edge like between the edge on the carrier and the lip on the gear, along that little black 1/4" or so strip in post 62 pic#1! if i'm not mistaken, i like my option #1 lol!
Ok shipping it COD to ya, but it may hurt coming from Alaska. Hope it thaws out before you get it too, it is -37* out there right now.

Quote:
Nice work McMurphy. I'm thinking about doing some work on my rear soon, so this will help a lot.

Also, I'll beat Chad's offer and throw in a case of Mnt. Dew.
Ok this many guys making offers on my rear end is starting to make me nervous.... and a case of Mt Dew to sweeten the deal too? Hrmmmmm
I am going to look into the little breather filter for the gear case too like I saw in someone else's build instead of that hose set up.
If you need the part # let me know. I will have to post it later when I am home, that is where the info is.

Thanks for stopping by with the info and advice guys, I appreicate it!!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote