View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 11:26 AM   #140
NDM

Re: Complete build change. Lifted 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Pup View Post
Got a good amount of work done this weekend so figured id add a little update.
Bolted the crossmember in with some fresh Grade 8 Hardware.

The 73-87 frame i took the crossmember out of had these nice little reinforcement brackets for the crossmember that my 69 and previous 73-87 crossmember didn't have. They look to add a lot of strength so i used them on this frame considering that stress will be added with bigger tires.

ordered a bunch of parts from Rockauto. Shipping was vary fast but i ended up with someones used 88-98 ball joint. They actually fought me a little but took care of it and sent me a new one so no harm.

Installed the control arms, springs, spindles and rotors.

surprisingly had to jack the frame up more than it already was to fit the wheels on for a test fit. The wheel/tire set up is a 265-65-17 so i believe just under a 31.

At first glance i thought the tie rod was going to work with the stock sway bar but when turning i believe it will cause interference. So while i wait to get a reamer to change the tie rod to the top, i tarped the frame in anticipation of this weeks rain.

Dang! Figures that the exact info that I have been searching for would be lost in photobucket land.

Can you tell me what you used for this 2wd lifted swap. I am going to do my 2wd ls swap with a l96 6.0 liter and a 6l90e. That means I am saying goodbye to the front diff and 4wd. My goal is the same as yours. Smooth ride, wicked power and lifted for now.

The 4wd ls swap just has too much complication for me. I already did this exact swap in my 76 Buick so I am very familiar with how to do it. I just need to know how you did the 2wd lift.

Thanks and yes I realize that this is an old thread.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote