View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: Cheap buddy buckets -- HURRY !

People pay $1,000 for tore up buddy buckets because they don't know any better. Doesn't mean they are worth it. I just sold a set for that much that were really nice, just had covers and foam worn out on outer edge of driver side. I supplied the buns for that and all they needed were covers of choice. They were '68s, which are more rare, and were complete with back wall brace and strap, nice black painted frame and box, with jack instructions in good shape. That is what is worth a grand. These in the listing are better than others I see go for that much, but around $800 seems abut right. You just don't see the ones in worse shape go for less. Those are the ones I wouldn't pay that much for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastIron View Post
I've never understood why buddy buckets are so popular. Factory bench seats look better. For that kind of money I think I'd find something a little better looking and probably more comfortable.
Because they like them? They are factory option, which is custom that bolts directly in. That's why. They can be done to be extremely comfortable. I have some I melted into when I sat in them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote