View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 10:53 PM   #10
padresag

Re: NEW BUILD - 66 GMC on Roadmaster / Caprice 9C1 Chassis

this is one of those frame swaps and t he other is in the build section but haven't seen anything on it for a while and cannot remember the members name
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=533641
there is a lot of work to these swaps and getting the w/b correct sometimes gets sluffed on these types of operations.and if they ever have to get inspected and certified for the road a lot of them fail. he talked about all this stuff in the car books; yes they look wonderful, but how many of them ever get really driven on the streets(trailer queens)
I live in B.C. and he lives in Ont and we get lots here that come from there and a lot of Alberta vehicles. the funny thing about B.C, that any older out of prov. vehicle has to go through inspection before you can get them registered here. it has been the death of more than 1 vehicle.
if I was building a vehicle with a 14 rar old I would want to build it with a positive success scenario for when it was finished and not the possibility of being burned out by the detours in the build and giving up in the end
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote