View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #43
AnotherWs6

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Loving this. I know there are some guys that can tune a carb based on knowledge and feel etc, but I think I fall in the category that most do - I can KINDA tune a carb based on the same things and some internet research! Throwing accurate gauges into the mix just changes the game. It takes out the "I think" and "It feels/sounds/smells like" and replaces that stuff with cold, hard facts. Thanks for taking the time to write this stuff up in such detail.

Question - how much is your AFR bouncing around n general at idle and cruising? I imagine that at WOT it is fairly steady (correct me if I'm wrong) but is it doing a dance otherwise? Again, I went with analog gauges so I'm concerned with being able to get good part throttle readings once installed. You know? If it's bouncing all back and forth from 15 to 11 it's going to be tough. I had an Autometer unit that tapped into the factory O2's on a 91 5.0 many moons ago and that thing danced all around unless you floored it. We are talking about a whole different kind of accuracy with dedicated widebands and modern technology, but if you were trying to tune a carb with the readings that that thing got you would probably throw it out of a window fairly quickly.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote