View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #44
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
Loving this. I know there are some guys that can tune a carb based on knowledge and feel etc, but I think I fall in the category that most do - I can KINDA tune a carb based on the same things and some internet research! Throwing accurate gauges into the mix just changes the game. It takes out the "I think" and "It feels/sounds/smells like" and replaces that stuff with cold, hard facts. Thanks for taking the time to write this stuff up in such detail.
Thank you for the positive feedback, makes it worth while for me to stop and take pics all the time and document every step of the way, the gauges are so accurate and so sensitive that they show changes otherwise undetectable to the human eye, ear, or nose. For example barely moving the idle mixture screws like 1/16th of a turn changes the AFR by over half a point without even changing the RPMs, I don't want to start World War III or nothing but I am willing to bet many of the tune by Long Screw Driver To The Ear mechanics of yesteryear were most likely way off and either not getting the fuel economy they could have and or leaving plenty of horse power on the table

hugs
G
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote