View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:15 PM   #89
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Sadly still waiting for shop to call and say that tranny is fixed. Just as well as needed to wait for another pension and VA disability check to help pay for this latest major setback. My project is running on less than fumes now.

The emblems shown are just digital for now. the real ones are sitting in sign shop waiting for truck as well. The USAAC symbol is the nicest one the AF ever had. Almost glad the USAF forebade the use of the current symbol (which i dislike). FWIW in the same phone call in which the said i couldn't use the current symbol they solicited me to bring the truck to a recruitment event. Still may attend. Missing the Memorial Day parade really hurts.

FWIW not hard to keep track of lost aircrew. My hand drawn attack plans were in their hands when they died. I was often last to see them. Only a Sgt but all treated me with respect and their advice changed my life. They will always stay young in my mind never get any older, and a constant reminder to to live my life the best i can because theirs ended so abruptly.

Last edited by vintovka; 05-29-2018 at 09:21 PM.
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote