View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #265
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Project "Schrum" 1959 Gmc 100

I sorta found out why it never wanted to idle, the screw on the vacuum advance was loose causing the distributor to move a little knocking it in and out of time and so on, so when I tightened the screw it was a lot easier to having it running. Only problem I see now is the lack of a gas tank on it causing the gas to swish around and the fuel line not to pick up the right amount of pressure to the fuel pump I assume so. I am currently working on getting the other rim down and with a tire then put them on the truck to give it more of a green look to it than all black YUCK.. I have almost all of the patch panels all I really need now is door bottoms and a front bed panel then I'll have the welding work done to it. I have someone for $200 doing the steps, cab corners and front bottom of the fenders and then will send it to a local body shop to have the rest done on it. Have it sent back home till I get the money to have it primered and painted. This truck means a lot to me so it will be near perfect, no where near a show truck but close.It was originally green as you see in this photo and I hate black, absolutely despise it to the maximum.I plan on painting it original colors, It won't be used like a truck as much
Attached Images

Last edited by SCHRUMGMC; 10-02-2014 at 02:55 PM.
SCHRUMGMC is offline   Reply With Quote