Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 03:01 AM   #41
Matt_50

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Gigamanx thanks for that link. I have new gauges in the cup but I'm pretty certain I kept the old ones. I'll dig them out and see how they come apart and if I can fit them on a template. If it looks good I'll be willing to rear apart the newer and working ones.

I got the 235 sold! So new goodies are being ordered. Just a few things at a time, nice and slow on ordering stuff. I don't want to buy to much at once. Doesn't mean I'm not looking through a lot of catalogs though!

I have found a couple of people who have done this IFS swap and they have been very helpful and forthcoming with info and advice. Lots of pics and a few suggestions and I'm still hooked on the idea.

Cab is coming along great and I took a break on it to sand the hood down. So far it looks like the hood and two fenders are dent free. The other two fenders need a little tlc but looks like minor stuff. The bed is in great shape too. Only the cab is in need of a lot of work. The cab is taking a bit longer, my welder friend is teaching me some welding basics and said the floor would be a great place to learn....yea...im learning alright. He checks my work, I redo some, he checks some more. He is thankfully doing big stuff on his own. I'll post some pics soon.
Matt_50 is offline   Reply With Quote