Thread: VW Bugs
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #14
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: VW Bugs

[QUOTE=CG;8773881]Im not talking about the newest generation of bugs, Im talking about the eleventy billion bugs that came before them. What the heck happened to them?
They made a serious amount of bugs and I almost never see them anymore.

On my way home to lunch there was a beater bug in front of me. Had that very familiar bug sound, and she was having difficulty with her clutch.

Its weird that they were everywhere everyday forever (seems like anyway), and now seldom seen.

Not wanting to put any one down about their likes for the bug ,.,It' just that I am one of the ones who did not want anything to do with them Bugs back in the day.. I seen to many of them sitting along the road with big long fan belt and what ever else it was used for broke .. plus to me they were to slow, I wanted at least a 283 v8 and wanted big seats ..
I only see them at a car shows now days ,,converts mainly .. and I also believe many of the younger than me guys and gals that did not have a dad that owned one ,,and have history of riding in them as a family ,,well,,all of them might not know what they missed as a kid .My dad never owned one either
I did see one that a guy done up that drew attention, he had a remote to activate a water pump when the ladies got right up near the front window and then he gave them a squirt .

Name:  DSC09775.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  93.3 KB

Last edited by GOPAPA; 07-14-2020 at 08:54 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote