View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 07:24 AM   #58
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

My mom's good friend is a serious Citroen nut. He is in his 90s now, but has a few and his two sons about my age carry it on. He lives up near my mom in the mountains and his sons come up most weekends to work on them. He has a big garage full in various forms. I've had the tour. He was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force. I can see the attraction to these overdesigned exotic engineer's dream cars that were about as practical for the average person as owning an airplane. The company even ran itself bankrupt a few times rather than design simpler more affordable to build cars. And they did make one that rivals the VW Bug, the 2CV. That is the one my mom, who never drove, always said she loved. Of course, these guys have no interest in those. When I mentioned those simple basic cars they said, "Oh yeah, the 2CV". My mom goes down by Wash DC with him once a month to a Citroen Club meeting.

I really like the 2CVs. They made pickup and panel trucks, too. Also a Sahara model. These things were built from 1948 till 1990!

A '57, a '90, a pickup, a panel, and a '50 Sahara
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote