View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
shaunatk

Re: My Project: 46 GMC on S10 Chassis with LSx Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
subscribed.

The first build is always the hardest, but learning as you go is fun. Your set up is unique and if it was easy that means everyone would do it. The s-10 set up is great for many things, sour for some others but I think you will like it. I would just suggest an additional plate inside your sectioned frame then box it, just to be safe.

Did you try moching up your driveshaft yet? Seems like you should have room, but depending on how high or low the engine is that can effect your driveshaft.

Looks great. If I had this truck, I would leave the patina, I think it has a ton of character. Oh and don't worry so much about being out classed. Do what you want and what you feel comfortable with. Atleast you got that lift to work with, alot of us would do many things to have one!!
It's my first build, but my father's been a mechanic for the last 30 years, and has lots of fabrication experience. It is his first ground up build though.

We'll definitely be boxing around the frame where we shortened it, whenever we have the fitment finalized and do all of the finish welding.

The patina definitely has character, but it'll be going away.

And yes, the lift is certainly a luxury, has me spoiled

I couldn't imagine doing a project like this, with lots of test fitting, without the lift.

Hopefully we'll be back to work on it soon, unfortunately I'm at the mercy of my father who works full time, goes camping with my mom every couple of weeks, and is 70% done with a very extensive master bathroom remodel.

And I bought an '01 Isuzu Trooper, in great condition, that needs an engine rebuild, that we'll be working on next (didn't want to, but paid $400 for it).

Maybe August we'll get back in the swing of things

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=431631
shaunatk is offline   Reply With Quote