View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 07:58 AM   #21
hoser
Account Suspended

Re: Truck work shops

No pics but my shop is 49x54 13" insulation in the walls and about 18" in the attic it has 90% Plus counter flow furnace and a 2 ton central a/c my shop never gets over 75 in the summer and less than 60 in the winter when I am working on a project in the shop its usually kept at about 70 degrees, their has been days when I could have used a dehumidifier in the summer, it has a bathroom with slop sink toilet and provisions for a tub shower (never finished probably will never use) I bought the best garage doors with the thermo break so they dont frost up inside on real cold days, I have floor drains so I can wash cars - trucks inside if I want, hot and cold running water.

It has cable for TV but I never use it and just use one of the kids old boom boxes for music some day I will retire my 25+ year old home stereo from the house to my shop.

Garage doors are 8' tall cieling is about 9' walls covered in dry wall, if I had it to do over again I would have built it 16' tall so I could have a loft for junk spare parts and park my RV inside to keep out of the weather and to do maintenance on.
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote