View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #115
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Last wednesday (St. Patrick's Day!) I went out and got a little work done on the blazer. It was kind of a short day so this is just a minor update. The first thing that I did was bolt my new reproduction rocker box reinforcement panel into place. I did this to make sure everything will be welded into place where it will line up to the bolt holes in the rocker box reinforcement panel.

This is a shot of the reinforcement panel after bieng bolted into place.

The next area that needed to be put back into place was the patch panel for the rotted out rear door jamb section. I tacked that in once it appeared to be lined up properly with the quarter panel support that I made and to the floor section.

After doing ALOT and I mean ALOT of lining up and checking the gaps with a door hung I finally tacked the rocker into place. The gaps look great with the door closed. The only issue is that when the door that I was using was open it would rub on the very front of the rocker panel. I figured that when I hang the door that I will be using and if it also hits I will just tweak everything.

When I got done placing the rocker panel I had just enough time in the day to do one more small scale task. I had noticed that the rear section of the blazers floor was rotted out in an area just inside of the reproduction outer floor panel. Since that section was still on the donor cab I took the floor out of I cut it out and cut out the rotten area in the blazer. Below is a picture of the rotten area in the seat belt bolt in area of the blazer.

After a little lining up the donor section was tacked in and I called it a day.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote