Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #67
CSHADES

Re: project 39

well Keith it isn't a job for the faint hearted. Are you planning on just extending the cab or are going to chop it also? The 6 inches make all the difference inside the cab for space, It helps if you have an extra cab and doors to cut up for pieces. I bolted down the front of the cab on the frame, mark some spots on both sides of the door openings for measurements, add some braces under the roof to hold its shape, I cut the roof in the high point of the crown, slide the rear of the cab back the amount you want measuring the from the marks you made on the door openings and add some braces in the door openings to hold everything in place. Make sure everything is where you want it and measures square, I bolted the rear of the cab down after drilling holes in the frame and using the hard rubber mounts. I used a parts cab to get the roof and door opening pieces I needed to fill the gap, I cut pieces bigger than I needed laid them over the gap and started cutting and welding them in. Go real slow and hammer up on the welds from the inside to keep everything straight. It takes time and patience to get it right. I still have to work on the welds and some more hammering to do after I get it on the rotisserie so I can work on it easily.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote