View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #234
Madkidd007

Re: 1969 K10 CST Full Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
I love the look of these 12 points on the hood latch. Unfortunately I don't have a pic to confirm that these were ever on a '69. I sent a lot of bolts in to get plated and all were sourced from either a '69 or '70. Sadly, at this point I can't remember which these came from. I like the look so much I think I'm going to let them ride unless someone tells me it never happened.

What I think is unusual is that on the '71 one owner (that we tend to lean on as a reference because it's a one owner original) has the "anchor head" version of these...but they are only in the top two (core support side) positions...the others are 6 point. I only had these two in my re-plated stash, so I suspect a similar situation on the truck from which they were pulled. Do you think it'd be because the grille was attached at a different point on the assembly line from the latch? I've seen trucks where they(hood latch bolts) were all 12 point. It just seems like another oddity to just have the two.
I know for a fact of a 72 in Hull that’s original with these bolts. When I seen them I was confused as I never seen them myself
Syclone killer AWD T56 LS

Paypal please pay as Goods&Services Madkidd00000007@yahoo.com
Madkidd007 is offline   Reply With Quote