View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #20
CSHADES

Re: 1940 dash replace

After spending a fair amount of time fooling around with the cruise I decided to ask for help. I don't know if any of you guys have ever dealt with Dakota digital for gauges or cruise controls but if you have a problem they are very helpful. So I emailed their tech line and explained what I had going with my cruise after changing the speed sensor. I was using the manual for the newer version of cruise. My cruise is 18 years old so the dipswitches are actually different purposed. He also told me that the cruise I have would not work with any speed sensor that has an output over 8000ppm. My new one is 16000ppm. Dakota Digital has speedo interface module that will change the output for this exact problem. After installing the module I was still having some major surging going on, after talking to Wes at Dakota a few more times it came down to me setting some switches incorrectly because I was using the manual for the new cruise instead of the older version that I have. The setting I had it on was actually for 2000ppm, so I think it was confused by the fact that it thought I was going 4X as fast as I was. So at 70mph it thought I was going 280mph which I don't think it was designed for. The module worked great and was small enough to hide down in the kick panel of my truck and cheaper than replacing the cruise.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote