View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #9
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Frame up exhaust?

Stan's pics remind me that when I go to replace the engine in my truck, I will be laying in the street, dodging doggee do that people leave in the gutter, and flows downstream when someone over-waters their lawn. #nasty

BoT, I like it tight to the frame, but for a BBC I'd use an H-pipe. I think it sounds better, though my current setup is true duals all the way out (side outlet after the rear tires). I'll also use Cadillac mufflers so that the exhaust is as quiet as it can be. I never liked loud exhaust, unless I uncorked it for racing, or to shut up the neighborhood dogs.

Example: I had rebuilt the engine in my Buick, but hadn't hooked up the exhaust to the headers. I was joking with my neighbor from across the street about how loud it was. He says to fire it up so he can hear it. There is a family that has about 6 dogs, as near as we can tell, based on the different voices. They were all yapping at something until I fired it up, and shot a few revs. It was dead quiet on the street for about half an hour!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Steeveedee; 01-19-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote