Thread: Weird options
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #29
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Re: Weird options

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Let's not confuse factory options with GM accessories. The pillar mount spot lamp was an accessory. The tow hooks were a regular option. Not odd at all, butnot an option most got.

And example of an odd option in my mind would be like Slomotion's '68 C/20 cab & chassis with dual rear wheel option with coil rear suspension. Not odd, but adds to the uniqueness of the truck was the factory flatbed added to all that. There are rare options and there are odd options. I consider this odd to go through specially outfitting a 3/4t to have the dual wheels and a flatbed while not upgrading the rear suspension to leaf when you could just buy a 1t with heavier frame and suspension.

There aren't really any options I'd consider odd (that I can think of), more like odd combos. That is where my interests lay with these trucks.
I parted this one out many years ago. It did have spot lights, and the seats were the sport style but with the plain jane covers on them. I can't remember if we determined these were factory spotlights or the options were for something else. I thought the HD buckets seats were the wide metal back ones.
Attached Images

70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto