View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:45 AM   #173
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

Update number 7698.....

I decided to partially rewire the main truck loom and ECU loom. The main truck loom now comes out a separate grommet and runs in separate conduits down the chassis rail to the front and rear. The ECU exits down near the floor board and step and will almost completely hide the ecu loom from the firewall once installed.

I finally got the crank pulley bolt out with the help of my brother-in-law only to find out that the harmoonic balance pulleys I have wont work on the LS. I ended up buying one of amazon and 7 days later it arrive in NZ for half the price of what they cost in NZ. go figure.

Discovered that the cam bearing journals are a little worse for ware so will probably take the block to the engine shop and get them changed Hopefully the bottom end bearing are ok ....

I have all but completed the trunion upgrade. I the new shells are all fitted and I just need to go and buy some new pliers so I can install the c clips as I cant find my old one anywhere.

I have installed the electric motors in the doors and now just need to run the conduits to the cab and I can fit my hardboard window and test the movement.

Here is the latest video update covering the above and here are some images as well.
Attached Images

QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote