View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #14
Chevy454

Re: Hearse??? & Here Are Ambulance Brochures

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebus1 View Post
I believe these pics were posted by a member in another thread. I think a funeral home in his hometown continues to use this panel. It probably was (or is) their "first call" vehicle.
Being as this is my line of work I figured I'd chime in...the panels/subs are mostly used for first call vehicles (as stated above) and also flower cars during funeral services. Our first was a mid-70s Sub with a vinyl/landau conversion that we used for years...since we live in such rough country we often *have* to use one of our 4x4 subs on first calls...in inclement weather we've had to use one of our Subs in place of the hearse. Years and years ago my grandfather had a mid-50s panel that he used for both the funeral home and the county ambulance service [up until the mid-70s when the State took it over the local undertaker in most small towns also ran the ambulance service].

Special K, I think I've asked before, but does your silver book mention HD buckets?
Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote