View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 03:00 PM   #99
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Update: I kinda stalled out on the intake and wiring harness, I want/need 42 lb injectors, an upgraded intake possibly an LS 6, or LS 2, or maybe even a Fast intake. As well as an upgraded throttle body, possibly going back to DBC instead of DBW. And then order a Holley engine management system that plays nice with all. Future plans are for a cam swap and ported heads as well.

But, until I can make a few decisions on that I decided to tackle the shortening of the steel bed floor. On a 68 GMC I did back in 2012 I sectioned that floor by cutting 12 inches out of the front removing the second cross member and welding it back together, much the same in the back where 8 inches had to come out. That was a lot of welding, but even more grinding.

This time I wanted to try something different, and save on having to weld and grind the 2 long seams.This method was done by 65 standard back in 2015 and more recently on U tube but the process is the same.
I started the same way, I measured 12 inches from the front and drew a cut line with a sharpie and cut the pan along the line. In the rear I measured in an made a mark at 7.5 inches that became my cut line. I also made a mark at 8 inches, this became my tip over line.
Attached Images

Last edited by sfont66; 08-07-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Punctuation
sfont66 is offline   Reply With Quote