View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
mr48chev

Re: How low are you static?? :)

Yep it can be and at had been a pain in the butt at times.
Law enforcement folks from various cities took turns pulling me over to check the scrub line.
I scraped the new chrome off the bottom of the bumper on the first trip out leaving a store parking lot in Utah.
But I never worried about an air line or bag breaking and being an old toot I think that sitting flat on the ground with the wheels leaning in like the frame was broken looks rather silly.
The fun part.
I could lay a pop or beer can on it's side under the front bumper and smash it by stepping on the bumper.
Gals riding shotgun in fancy import cars often slipped me a sneaky smile that said they might be having more fun cruising in the chopped ground scraping truck than with the yuppie in the Beemer.

I like a rake on my truck rather than have the back drag the ground like it was full of cement blocks so it is a bit higher in the back but since then the rear is now lower and when it goes back together it will have about a one inch rake front to back instead of what shows in the photos. The whole wheel tire combo will be different then also.
This time around I will have it at or above the scrub line because I am tired of being pulled over all the time for scrub line checks.

Last edited by mr48chev; 01-12-2009 at 05:28 PM.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote