Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #714
Denee007

My LIttle Mules !!!

Clarance, you got me going again! I just feel that most everyone should have this handy, not expensive "tool" in the shop!

My first Little Mule is a manual model. what I like about it is the manual part/screw mechanism is relatively heavy and leans back offering a counter balance. I made the boom and it is retractable, and of course common sense tells me what is too much.
THis Impala seat was really heavy and requires 2 people struggling, but the mule works best with one person and effortlessly I can remove the seat one handed

THe second one, My Little Mule II is a hydraulic model. I really need to put some weights on the back wheels, but I eventually removed the "boom" portion.

With the boom off and using it the way it was made, it is capable of lifting 400lbs. So imagine lifting a patient weighing 300lbs, the unit is always built to handle much more than specified.

Here putting the large hood back on this mammoth Impala, I always would have to get Gary to help, but works better me alone with my Mule to maneuver and gently put the hood where I wanted it.

There are many models out there, including electric which could be a really nice. I Must say the wheels do tend to wear out, but are readily available on the internet.
67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote