View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #183
Tempest67

Re: 51 Chev on a S10 frame, named Dale

I was never happy with my clutch master being located under the dash, so I decided to mount the clutch master on the firewall, where it belongs.

Well, that started a chain reaction of expenses. First, I needed to buy a small, 7 inch, brake booster to create space on the firewall (the S10 booster is almost 12 inch diameter)

Then , I purchased the American Power Train adapter plate to allow the push rod to go 'directly' into the master.

Then, thinking I could reuse the S10 Brake master, but No, the flange on the S10 master would not fit inside the hole of the new 7 inch booster, so I had to buy a new Brake Master.

Now, after logging several miles on the new set up, it is great. Clutch pressure is OK, wife thinks it is a little stiff, but it does not keep her from driving it, and the feel of the brakes is good too.

Also found some rear view mirrors at Speedway. I think they look good, but the passenger side does not adjust to be functional. I guess this where form trumps function..... and there is great visibility in a 5 window anyways.

The neighbours love the truck and want to decorate it for Christmas..... not sure exactly what that means ???

Still lots to do, but enjoying the process.
Attached Images

Tempest67 is offline   Reply With Quote