View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 05:03 PM   #334
SCOTI

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I am all for patina and semigloss or even a matte finish, but I would hesitate to add any texture to the paint. I do like a color matched liner in the bed, but I don't know that I'd like it on the rest of the truck. Of course, that is not to say it wouldn't look good if done right. And I get what you are saying, it would bother me to have done that much work on the paint/body and still have little imperfections that stood out to me in an otherwise shiny paint job. That's why all 4 of my previous projects have been left OG paint On my previous truck I had to paint the bedsides and fake the patina. I tried to match the original primer color and use single stage color like factory, and then lightly sand in the normal wear areas to match the level of fade on the rest of the truck. I finished it off with some 000 steel wool for a semi-matte finish.
Absolutely agree 100%. No texture in the paint on the outer body panels....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote