View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 05:35 PM   #139
CousinTone

Re: How To Restore and Detail an Original Gauge Cluster

OK, I’m back. Unfortunately life and my unemployment situation has caused a delay. Anyone in Nashville, Memphis or Dallas (I got to get out of CA, it’s gone to SH*T courtesy of our dip-sh*t Governor Newsome who speaks like a mis-programmed robot, and is as bright as a box of rocks...thank God he’s getting recalled!) who knows of a job in the telecom industry (I’m a selling machine) please let me know. I need to get back to work and this endless interviewing and the “you’re a great guy but over qualified” excuse for hiring a 50 year old is getting ridiculous. Thought that was illegal, guess not.

I need some advice on getting the finally received, correct piece of aluminum tube polished to a great shine, providing the light transmission we’re looking for on this dash upgrade. Have a Dremel and flex shaft, but am running into the chuck grinding against the tube end. If I weren’t bald on top, I’d be pulling my hair out.

Any suggestions on getting aluminum to a high semi-mirror polish? Anyone made their own adapter and can provide some guidance? Thinking of rod stock, cut down middle a bit to hold a Sham-wow or similar but not sure. Microfiber better?

Thanks for the support on this idea.
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote