View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
Zach B

Re: Problem with the frame on my 1947 chevy truck

Unfortunately I can't upload any pictures that would give you an idea of what is going on on the frame. I can only get to one side but on the inside of the rail is where the real damage is. It's pitted about an inch above the hole and the transmission crosmember is in the way. It will come out for this repair. The hole itself is only about a centimeter tall and an inch wide. Can be filled easily. I was just wondering what others do when there frame gets a small hole in it. I will plate this but I have already looked over the rest of the frame and the only other spot to worry about is behind the on the drivers side. It's got some pitting but I see frames with twice the pitting that this has. It will just be plated back there two no big deal. I know where to get the frame plating kit for it. Both areas are not that uncommon to rust out and most people find them when there is nothing they can do. I supose I got luckey and found the problem before it was irreparable. I will upload picks when I can of what I am dealing with.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zach B is offline   Reply With Quote