View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #1147
66clow

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cst_10 View Post
No photos sorry. It was somewhat an ordeal.

The boost gauge was relatively simple, just removed the plate on the back of the cluster and cut it in half. Cut a clearance hole in the clear plastic faceplate and mounted the gauge using the auto meter bracket and thumb screws.

The egt was more involved going in place of the factory tach. I cut a 2” hole in the clear gauge faceplate and hand filed it to fit snugly. This is how the gauge is held in place. Cut another tight fitting hole in the stamped steel panel that has the factory gauges. Then used a sheet metal uni-bit to drill clearance holes in the back of the cluster to clear the light terminal and egt probe terminals. Lastly used a razor blade to cut through the plastic membrane that connects the electrical power to the lights and gauges. Also cut the studs off the auto meter gauge.

It wasn’t too bad but there were a handful of roadblocks that i didn’t foresee but was able to work through them.
Ok thanks for that info. I have a factory tach I wanted to install. My buddy cut
Membrane and ran wires to reconnect them. That was too much work for me lol. I think I'll try it your way. Thanks
66clow is offline   Reply With Quote