View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 01:08 PM   #347
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
All of my booster brackets are at a slight angle, but I have no idea how it compares to the bracket you already have. Does the bracket you have use all the factory mounting studs coming out of the pedal bracket? That is an important consideration when mounting a booster/master assembly. The thickness of the '67-'72 standard booster bracket is about 2" in the center. Depending on the diameter of the booster you have, there could be interference with a column shifted auto trans, if that is what you have.
The bracket on the new master/booster uses the factory mounting locations. I put a link in my last message so you could see what it looks like. My truck does not have studs anymore. During my LS swap and restoration work I removed the studs from the brake pedal assembly and drilled/tapped those locations in order to use stainless button head socket screws bolted from the firewall. Below is a picture of the engine bay with the factory booster that will be replaced with the new Wilwood master/booster assembly. The new booster is 9" diameter, which should clear OK. I do have column shift, but use the Lokar shifter on an Ididit column. I don't think that clearance will be a problem there either.

I was mainly concerned about the distance between firewall and booster face. I know your bracket pulls the booster closer to the firewall. And the new booster has a boot/rod connection that's about 3" long from the back face. Part of that boot will likely have to stick through (or interfere with) my firewall depending on your design depth.

I may take a chance on it anyway. What is the current lead time for black powder coated version. PM me and let me know how to pay. You can review the pictures/comments below and let me know what you think.

Original booster and master cylinder will be replaced with a Wilwood master and 9" booster.
Name:  IMG_0318.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  60.1 KB

My firewall no longer has studs from the pedal assembly. They have been removed and drilled/tapped.
Name:  IMG_2265.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  40.7 KB

I want to be sure that this booster boot length will work with your bracket.
Name:  IMG_2266.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  44.1 KB

The booster is 9" diameter
Name:  IMG_2268.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  56.1 KB

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
derotoreut is offline   Reply With Quote