View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 03:41 AM   #37
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: Where do I start? 1970 C20 Rebuild

The list is right there.really good.Me i'm not one to tearing something down to really make it pretty.To much of a chance some one liking the truck more then you do and stealing it.Or you get some people that have envy and they just want to damage something you have.Plus if you get it all fancy.Every nick ding will make it where you don't want to drive it.if you live in a state that gets gofe ball hail or really bad sand storms.No i leave it the way it is.You could just put a clear over what you have.

Fix the roof the white know one will see but the Hot Sun.

If you have money to spend a new engine re pop harness and a light harness would be the best the engine harness will come with the old distributor harness or you can order the one that has the HEI harness 1 wire the Light harness deal with the ALT your Voltage regulator and your head lights and blinkers makes them more brighter..

Plus its just a peace of mind knowing your electrical is all good.if your Main harness in rise your truck is all intact and not one cut on it your good to go.

Me i buy the rear tail light harness they make a trailer harness for are truck now for 21.00 and its a plug and play system M&H makes the re POP harness Stay away from Painless.

M&H is a Factory replacement for are trucks.

Even tho yours is a 1969-70 i use the factory harness for the 1971-1972 unless yours had the side makers that blinked when your right or left turn single was used.

I like having my side makers blink I wish the rear blinks as well .It just tells the people on the side of you witch way your going.I love that safety option for the 1971-72 chevy and GMC trucks
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote