View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #12
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drpost View Post
Nice truck! I've got the Hella's in mine and love them. Got them on relays. Our truck projects and plans are very similar, need to start a build thread on mine.

Great looking truck! Really loving the red even though I'm not normally a fan of red cars/trucks. I'm going with Case IH Implement paint as a short term solution until I get it mechanically where I want it, ideally it will fade and dull out to be about where the photo makes yours appear.

I don't have mine on relays yet, but I'll order the LMC Truck HD wiring kit eventually to do direct power and add the relays.

Truck update: I planned on working on the truck today but its pouring rain all day here and I am working outside. I got some metal stock so I can cut out a plate to hold my license plate light. I'll probably get the gigantic ugly horn button mounted to the dash and at least start the wiring for that if the rain stops. Horns are mounted in the engine bay but near the original mounting location using an existing bolt so no need to drill a new hole anywhere. My horn wiring has been cut completely, I suspect because of a poor installation of an aftermarket steering wheel. Decided to do a stand alone horn circuit - I've done it in a few cars and it does make steering wheel swaps even easier.

This is work I need to do so that I can pass inspection, just knocking it out while I wait for the rear diff cover and speedometer housing and gear.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote