View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #121
geunther

Re: The build date project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402Bowtie View Post
I'll add my 2 cents...

I think the blazers and suburbans should be mixed in with the other serial numbers (and maybe noted in parentheses as you have been doing). It appears to me that every model was mixed together as it came down the assembly line. Any proof otherwise?

You guys are doing a great job compiling and laying out the info, but I'm going to nitpick a little (it's the engineer in me):
-Fremont is spelled with only one "e."
-Under each year and make, I think we should keep the list sorted purely by serial number, not by date. ie. Don't intermix 2F1 with 2F3. Sorting by serial number I think will make it easier to look up our build dates in the future when our list is bigger.

Regardless, I'll be looking for more data points to add!
Without a secondary sort feature we have to sort by date or by VIN but not both obviously. With it being a build date project, I would be more inclined to have the date sort have priority. Other wise you would have two sets of dates for Flint for 71 and 72. I am not saying that is a bad idea. I think we will continue to learn more about the pattern and hope to identify why they jumped to 2F3 then back to 2F1.

Of course we could just utilize 2 sorts for Flint? I am sure we are yet to identify all the anomalies.
geunther is offline   Reply With Quote