View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #74
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Ya know, it's great to have friends! UPS arrived today and delivered a Flaming River steering column courtesy of my longtime bud Jay, a CWPF (close, warm, personal friend) from TX I've known for going on 40 years. He's building a sweet little Chevy stepside (see below) and lurks on the forum. Hopefully he'll put up a build thread one of these days. Anyway, he'd bought a paintable column, then decided to install a chrome one instead, so the FR piece was lying around his garage and he up and sends it to me. And I can really put it to good use. Tilt is almost a requirement in these trucks unless maybe you're Peter Dinklage.

My good fortune didn't end there, however. Forum member bguild of Project Low Dough fame stopped by the house yesterday and donated a hood for CRLS. It's in very decent condition and should clean up with a minimum of heartburn.

UPS and FedEx also dropped off some stuff for the Vortec engine project ...Comp Cams XE262H cam (262/.462"I, 270/.469"E, LS 110) with lifters and Magnum timing chain - as well as a ProComp air gap style intake. Won't be long till I'm ready for the block and heads.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote