View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #17
cebra

Re: 71 Cheyenne Rooftop Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoveldug View Post
Nice build. Could you show some more pictures and give some details on how you mounted the wrangler tank?
The tank isn't in yet but it is mocked up. Below is what I did and I will add pictures this weekend once I install it. I used a 87-90 Wrangler Tank and a 92-93 S-10 sending unit. Since I am still on a carbureted 350, I just put in a hose to bypass the in-tank fuel pump the S-10 sender normally has (I wanted a baffled tank and in-tank fuel pump option for my LS conversion down the road). I ran 6an fittings off the sender and a short 6an steel hose to the frame rail where I will convert to 3/8" hard line and join to the existing line under the cab via a rubber hose (down the road I will convert this back to 6an steel hose to connect to the LS. I capped the return line off and just ran 2' hoses on the 2 vents on the S-10 filler to let it escape to atmosphere. For the filler, I cut that ammo can and used the stock wrangler filler/gas cap. I cut a hole in the bed for the filler hose and put in L-brackets and riveted it in. I will put sealer around it and bed line over the box with the rest of the bed. To mount the tank I had to put in 1.5" metal spacers and long L-brackets bolted to the tank in the front and back so the tank is "hanging" below the frame a bit and I had to cut into the bed crossmember ~2" as well to put the tank as far up as possible. I will add pics this weekend as I just sprayed undercoat in this area before I put the tank in.
cebra is offline   Reply With Quote